Video Marketing Case Study – Connie Lichti Ceramics
VIDEO OUTCOMES USED A VARIETY OF TECHNIQUES TO INCREASE ENROLMENTS AT THE CONNIE LICHTI POTTERY SCHOOL
1. DETERMINE THE PROFILE OF CONNIE’S IDEAL CUSTOMERS
Correct knowledge of the customer Connie wished to attract was the starting point for everything.
It determined the style and type of content that had to be created and it was the basis for all of the advertising and targeting metrics that accompanied her online advertising campaigns.
Connie’s ideal customer set lived within 20km of her school and had a significant interest in purchasing ceramics and other crafts.
2. COMPETITOR ANALYSIS AND ORGANIC SEO
Other pottery school websites were analysed for keywords and look/feel so any content produced for Connie would sit comfortably within the space.
Connie’s website was registered with Google to allow reviews and registered with a lot of business registries creating numerous backlinks to her website.
Both of these methods increase organic search engine optimisation (SEO)
3. CONTENT CREATION – VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY
Three videos and a range of photos were made for Connie that displayed her work ethic, friendliness and technical prowess in ceramic throwing, glazing and firing.
Numerous instagram posts were made to be posted throughout the school term in order to get enrolments for the following term.
A booking system was created to allow bookings from her website.Changes were made to her existing website text content to improve organic SEO.
4. SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING AND ANALYSIS
The 3 videos were advertised using Facebook and Instagram and were targeted to Connie’s ideal customer profile.
Data was analysed from all three video campaigns and the most effective video advertisement was kept. This video had a click through rate (CTR) of 14% – the industry average is less than 2%.
Further campaign analysis led to additional improvement to the target demographic and reduced advertising spend over time to achieve the same results.
e.g. Advertising spend during the advertisement testing phase cost $1000 per month during the first 2 months.
Analysis of the campaign allowed improvements advertising spend was reduced to $300 – $400 per month to achieve the same result.
5. EMAIL CAMPAIGNS AND CAMPAIGN GROWTH
Videos were placed into well timed e-mail campaigns throughout each school term.
Video Outcomes dramatically expanded Connie’s contact list and partitioned it into current customers and potential customers, each receiving different content.
Connie Lichti’s e-mail campaigns have an open rate of nearly 50% where the industry standard is closer to 20%.
This is due to having the right content and getting Connie contacts that are highly interested in what she offers them.
How much do Facebook advertisements cost?
Costs directly attributed to Facebook (Ad Spend) can be viewed in 2 ways:
1) How much does it cost to get people to my website?
2) How much does it cost to get people to complete an action on my website such as a product or service purchase?
The answer to both questions unfortunately is…it depends.
Though getting people to see your ad and click through to your website will likely be cheaper than get someone to make a purchase on your website. What will ultimately determine your ad spend costs whether it be based on website visit or website conversion will depend on:
- The product/service you are selling.
- How many people this product/service can help.
- How similar your product is to other products on the market.
- The total number of competitors in the market that are using Facebook Ads for a similar product.
- The size of the audience you are advertising to (eg one suburb or the entire country).
- The cost of the product or service you are selling as often higher cost items or services come with longer customer decision making times.
- The quality of your advertisement copy/visual content.
Some ideal products and services that can benefit from Facebook Advertising are:
Local Products & Services Facebook Ads Campaigns:
- Private schools for Dance, Art, Music and Math and English Tutoring.
- Lawyers, Accountants, Conveyancers and other local professional services.
- Construction services from building, plumbing, painting, bricklaying and electrical services.
- Gyms, clothing and other specialty local stores.
- Restaurants & Food Trucks
Citywide and National Facebook Ads Campaigns:
- Products with broad appeal such as clothing, jewellery, electrical goods, food products, health and wellbeing products.
- Businesses selling software as a service, Search Engine Optimisation companies etc.
- PR campaigns for non-profits and government organisations.
Example of Facebooks Ads on mobile interface:
Can I advertise using video on Facebook?
Absolutely, in fact we’d recommend it and it is a specialty service offered by Video Outcomes as we create videos that are often solely for the purpose of selling products or services via Facebook.
Why do we recommend using video for your Facebook marketing campaigns?
This is due to 2 main reasons:
1) Video has proven to be much more engaging than text based or image based advertisements.
2) There are retargeting options that are unavailable if you do not use a video
Can I re-target advertisements to people that engaged with my previous campaigns?
You’ve spent time and money making sure that people have seen your advertisements. This audience is higher up the sales funnel and are now aware of your brand, services or products and may have even engaged with your website.
Don’t let them get away! Don’t pay to acquire them a second time. They’ve already been netted by your Facebook Pixel.
There are multiple methods of retargeting new content to people that have engaged with your previous content such as:
Retargeting new ads and content to users that viewed a portion of your videos posted on LinkedIn (25%, 50%, 75% or the completed video)
Retargeting people that engaged with certain pages or events on your website.
There’s no better way to follow up your initial advertising campaigns than with highly focused advertising that is properly retargeted to potential customer’s closer to the top of your sales funnel.
Other Video Outcomes Digital Marketing Services
Would you like a free Facebook Marketing consultation?
What Are The Next Steps in Using Video Outcomes for Facebook Advertising?
Request A Consultation:
Simply send us a message via our contact page and let us know good time to contact you by phone.
After a quick conversation about your business goals we will ask you to provide:
- Your current website address
- The kind of people your would like to see your content and what you would like them to do (visit website, watch video, make contact, make a purchase etc)
- If you have a monthly budget in mind
Facebook Demographic Research & Competitor Analysis
We will conduct a brief analysis of the available audiences that Facebook can target your advertising to and locate as much information on advertising methods used by your competitors.
This analysis will also determine project costing estimates.
Project Costings & Timeline:
We will provide you a strategy outline, an estimate of costs and an estimated timeline to achieve these results and present these to you in person.